We process your data to provide services to you. You have either paid for services via a subscription (contracted with us), or consented for us to provide services to you, such as e-mail newsletter updates. We don’t sell, rent or trade any of your information with any other company.
Types of data we collect
Our Contact Form:
We collect email address, name, message subject, and content of the e-mail. The data are used only for responding to your inquiry.
We collect your name, userid, e-mail address, billing address, billing information, and payment information:
- for payment processing (Note: payment data, credit card information, is handled through Authorize.net and is not held, recorded or retained by RDC. )
- for checking your current subscription status, in order to provide subscription services to you;
- to notify you of new content during the term of your subscription;
- to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information in regards to your subscription;
- to make a tailored website available to you; and
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us.
E-mail Newsletter sign-up:
As part of the opt-in registration process for our monthly blog e-newsletter, we collect your name and email address. We use that information to:
- to tell you about new articles and information we feel may be of interest to our RDC readers;
- to check that our records are right and every now and then check that you’re satisfied with our content. Sometimes we may ask for your voluntary feedback on how we can improve.
Each e-mail includes an “unsubscribe” link if you no longer want to hear from us.
Cookies are unique identifiers that help RDC identify you. A small cookie is stored on your web browser and allows us to recognize you and make your next visit easier.
- Identify you if you log in
- Deliver appropriate content, such as full-text articles to subscribers
- Keep track of any subscriptions in your shopping basket
- Improve security
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect standard Internet log information and details of your visit, but we do not collect information that can determine any visitor’s identity. The consolidated information helps us determine what pages visitors look at, how much time they spend on the page, and similar information.
You can change your cookie behavior in your browser settings.
RDC does not share or sell any cookie information.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary to provide the services we have mentioned above. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will hold any personal data is your personal billing records, which is determined by our requirement to comply with financial and audit regulations.
Data access and correction
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Since we need your order information for our financial records, we may not be able to completely delete your order history. You can see your personal information on your account page. Please note that if we receive a request to withdraw consent for subscription processing or to delete your subscription information, we will not be able to provide subscription services to you.
Email your request to our data protection officer, sallyaugustin at researchdesignconnections.com
If you're located in the European Union, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in the Member State of your habitual residence.
This policy was last updated on 24 May 2018.